Some of the best advice Dr. Anna Wooten, FACS, can give you, as a breast augmentation candidate, is to do your homework. Spend time researching your procedure on websites such as https://www.plasticsurgery.org/ or https://www.smartbeautyguide.com, and learn about your plastic surgeon on his or her website. Then, compile a list of questions to ask your doctor during consultation. Don’t be afraid of tough or uncomfortable questions; asking these questions helps you learn more about your surgeon’s qualifications and demeanor.
Here, Dr. Wooten shares some of the questions to put on your checklist.
Your Surgeon’s Credentials
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training do you have?
- How many years of plastic surgery experience do you have?
- How many breast implant procedures have you performed?
- How many breast implant procedures do you perform in a year or month?
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure? If so, where?
- Can I see before-and-after photographs of your breast augmentation patients?
- Am I a good candidate for breast augmentation?
- Would I benefit from breast lift?
- Are my expectations of surgery reasonable?
- Based on what I have described, what size/shape/type of implants would work best for me?
- What incision site and placement location do you recommend for me?
- Where will my procedure be performed?
- What are my anesthesia options?
- How long will the procedure take?
- How long should I expect to be at the surgery center on the day of my procedure?
- If a complication occurs during surgery, how will it be handled?
- How long of a recovery period should I expect?
- Will I need assistance during my recovery? If so, what kind?
- What type of complications can occur during recovery? How can I avoid them?
- If I have an unanticipated complication during recovery, who should I contact?
- When can I plan to go back to work/school?
- How soon can I see my final results?
- What is expected of me to get the best results?
- Will my augmented breasts look different over time?
- Will I need any implant-related procedures in the future? If so, how many?
- Will I be able to breastfeed with implants?
- Will breastfeeding affect my results?
- If I were to have my implants removed in the future, how would my breasts look?
Make an Appointment to Discuss Breast Implants with Dr. Wooten
If you are ready to book a breast augmentation consultation with Dr. Wooten, call Beleza at (724) 759-7777 or email [email protected] today.