Redefining the Body After Dramatic Weight Loss
Dramatic weight loss is a difficult – but possible – goal to achieve, and a growing number of people across the nation are shedding major pounds every year to change their lives.
But if you’re unhappy with your body, weight is only a part of the issue. In fact, major weight loss can introduce a variety of new issues that no amount of diet and exercise can fix.
Slimming down, for instance, can lead to sagging, excess skin in areas where the most amount of weight was lost. Losing a dramatic amount of weight can also affect the shape of the body, and not always in the most predictable or desirable of ways.
That’s where Dr. Wooten steps in. Plastic surgery can be an extremely effective complement to major weight loss. Our patients often come to us after successfully losing weight through diet, exercise, surgery, or some combination of the three. They’re thrilled to have shed the pounds, but somewhat frustrated by the fact that they still don’t have the body they wanted.
A plastic surgeon can offer a variety of procedures to help the patient achieve their dream body. In general, these procedures fall under the umbrella of body contouring. Body contouring, in general, refers to any procedure that targets and sculpts a specific area of the body. Generally, we’ll target sagging fat and skin in order to tighten and tone problem areas, especially those that can’t be effectively targeted through diet and exercise.
Our body contouring options include:
– Arm lifts (brachioplasty), which target excess skin and fat on the upper arm;
– Tummy tucks, which target excess skin hanging over the abdomen;
– Lipoabdominoplasty, which shapes the waistline by combining liposuction and abdominoplasty;
– Lower body lifts, which are like intensive Tummy Tucks that can target the thighs, buttocks, hips, & abdomen;
– Facelifts, which eliminate sagging skin in the face;
– Breast lifts, which create a more youthful appearance in the breasts.
These procedures can help patients to look as good as they feel after losing a significant amount of weight. If you’ve worked hard to get healthy, it can be extremely frustrating to find that your body still doesn’t look quite like you planned.
Body contouring can help!