Fillers & Injectables, Pittsburgh, PA
Aging is an ongoing process, and wrinkles don’t have to be a part of it! Utilizing the latest¬†facial fillers and injectables¬†at¬†our¬†Pittsburgh plastic surgery¬†office, Dr. Wooten can help smooth and reduce the appearance of¬†crow’s feet, forehead furrows and laugh lines.
Before & After Pictures – Fillers / Injectables, Pittsburgh
This patient had habitually used makeup to correct the asymmetry of her lips for so long, that she barely noticed it anymore. Dr. Wooten used filler to augment the size of her lips, injecting them in such a way that their appearance became more balanced. This patient was extremely satisfied with Dr. Wooten’s technique and her result.
This patient came in for injections to make her face plumper and younger. Relaxing the patient’s wrinkles and filling out her deeper lines with a combination of filler and Botox, Dr. Wooten achieved a younger and more radiant look for the patient.
This patient scheduled an appointment with Dr. Wooten because she wanted to enhance her upper lip. Dr. Wooten injected her with Juvederm and she is pleased with her result.
This patient came in for injections with Marissa Casoli. She wanted just a slightly fuller looking mouth to complement the rest of her face. She knew her lips already looked good, but she wanted an enhanced upper lip to create symmetry with her lower lip. Marissa injected the patient with Juvederm and the results are subtle and balanced. The patient is very pleased with her result.
This patient had previously seen Dr. Wooten for filler injections and was interested in a slight augmentation of her chin in order to better balance the rest of her face. Dr. Wooten injected her chin with Radiesse, allowing for a temporary and subtle change.
Beleza Plastic Surgery Pittsburgh PA¬†uses several different types of facial fillers, such as¬†BOTOX, Restylane, Perlane, Radiesse, Xeomin, and Juvederm. We also offer¬†chemical peels¬†to restore a fresh, youthful look. All of these procedures are minimally invasive and quick, with no downtime.
Dr. Wooten explains the use microcannula’s for her filler injections.
- Dr. Anna Wooten will discuss your options and goals using injectables, allowing us to reach the best option for you. The following are some of the products and services we provide:
- BOTOX in Pittsburgh:¬†is currently one of the most popular injectables available. Due to its ability to temporarily relax facial muscles which can cause wrinkles and furrows,¬†BOTOX¬†is a fast way to achieve a more youthful look. The results are visible after 7-10 days and it lasts for 4-5 months. For¬†Botox, Pittsburgh PA¬†residents can contact our¬†plastic surgeons¬†office for a consultation. Botox injections can take 30-45 minutes, and, in order to minimize discomfort, the site can be numbed prior to injecting.
- JUVEDERM in Pittsburgh:¬†is an injectable gel that has been popular in Europe for years and is now available for dermatological use in the U.S. It is made out of a water soluble substance that is naturally present in our skin, called hyaluronic acid.¬†¬†Juvederm¬†is introduced under the skin wrinkle or unwanted crease to erase it or make it more shallow.¬† The greatest advantage of this filler is it’s softness.¬† It is the most commonly used filler for volumization of the lips and perioral area.¬† The results are visible immediately after the procedure.¬† It lasts six months or longer.
- XEOMIN in Pittsburgh:¬†is fast way to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The results are instantly visible and should last up to six months or longer.
- DYSPORT in Pittsburgh: became approved by the FDA in 2009. Dysport is a competitor to Botox, and they are used to treat similar effects in similar areas. Dysport is often used as a wrinkle reducer on crow’s feet or to smooth forehead lines.
- RESTYLANE in Pittsburgh:¬†is a¬†lip and facial filler¬†which restores volume to the skin by filling wrinkles and lines around the nose, mouth and chin at the more superficial skin layer.¬† We achieve a natural, soft and smooth look with this filler. The results are instantly visible and should last up to six months or longer.
- PERLANE in Pittsburgh:¬†is a filler that is often used in conjunction with¬†RESTYLANE.¬† It is made of larger particles and most commonly injected¬† in the deeper layers of skin.¬† It is widely used for cheek augmentation. The results are instantly visible and may last 6 months or longer.
- BELOTERO in Pittsburgh:¬†is a¬†lip and facial filler¬†which has been touted as a “wrinkle killer.” Belotero restores volume to the skin by filling wrinkles and lines at the superficial skin layer. The result, a natural plumper look, is instantly visible and should last up to six months or longer, though the duration of its efficacy varies from person to person and by the site injected.
- RADIESSE in Pittsburgh:¬†is a filler which stimulates the body’s own collagen growth at the site of injection. It is a great cheek volumizing filler that provides rejuvination with a softer and brighter look to your skin.¬† The results are visible immediately and can last for a year, or longer.
- Chemical Peels in Pittsburgh: are a way to remove the skin’s unhealthy outer layers, revealing the fresh youthful skin underneath. It is a way to smooth and even the colors of the face and revitalize the skin.
With age, the face will begin to show the effects of gravity, sun exposure, and years of facial muscle movement due to smiling, chewing, and squinting. We realize the value in new injectable techniques that can improve areas that surgery cannot. Hence at our Pittsburgh¬†Plastic Surgery¬†office we offer a variety of injectables such as Juvederm Plus¬†and¬†Ultra Plus,¬†Restylane,¬†Perlane,¬†Prevelle, and Botox.
Consultation for Fillers & Injectables:
During your initial consultation please bring your areas of concern to the attention of Dr. Wooten. If you are planning to have an injection done at the same time you have to make sure that you are not taking any medications that can potentially cause bruising (see List Medications to Avoid) Inform our staff, when scheduling your appointment, that you would like an injection to be done at the same time.¬† Also give yourself plenty of time for this procedure.
Typical Patients for Fillers & Injectables:
You do not have to wait until your skin develops deep lines to get these procedures. In our practice, age is not relevant.¬† Sometimes, younger faces can still benefit from fillers or preemptive Botox.¬† Bring your concerns to our attention and we will counsel you on your options.
Procedure Details for Fillers & Injectables:
Injections at Beleza Plastic Surgery are performed by Dr. Wooten herself or by Marissa Casoli, PA-C, under Dr. Wooten’s guidance.¬† You will receive some form of local anesthesia prior to the procedure, which makes the entire process a comfortable experience.¬† Injection of¬† filler takes only a few minutes.¬† A small amount of swelling is expected for a few hours after the procedure.¬† Bruising is unusual if you stopped all medication that can potentially cause bruising and additional swelling for at least 10 days prior to injection.
Recovery for Fillers & Injectables:
Unlike many other procedures, facial fillers and other injectables all have extremely short recovery periods.¬† Some swelling may last, but only for a few hours and any redness disappears shortly and can be covered by makeup.
Potential Risks for Fillers & Injectables:
As with any medical procedure, the benefits of facial fillers, injectables and chemical peels come with health risks. While some possible asymmetry, over correction, or under correction may still sometimes occur even with an experienced surgeon, a skilled board certified plastic surgeon, such as Dr. Wooten, will usually be able to reduce the possibility of these outcomes.
¬†To schedule your personal consultation with Dr. Anna Wooten regarding facial fillers and wrinkle reducers in Pittsburgh, call (724) 759-7777.